Lingual Braces, Leicester
Lingual dental braces are sometimes referred to as “hidden” braces because they are fixed to the inside of your teeth, making them invisible from the outside. No one will know that you’re wearing a dental brace. Find out more about the Lingual dental brace.
Book A Free Consultation For Lingual Braces In Leicester
How Lingual Braces Work?
Precise impressions are made of your teeth and sent away to a laboratory for 3D scanning and production of the unique lingual brackets. This process can take up to 6 weeks to complete. Once the brackets are created, they can then be attached to the inside of your teeth. The wire provides the gentle tension needed to keep on pulling the teeth back into place.
Benefits Of Lingual Braces, Leicester
- Wearing traditional braces can result in teeth staining. This isn’t an issue with Lingual braces as they are placed behind your teeth, therefore staining is not as noticeable compared to traditional braces.
- As Lingual braces are placed inside the curvature of your teeth there is a lower chance of anyone realising that you are wearing braces. This can be an important factor to those who are in a people-oriented job and can improve your confidence whilst having your teeth straightened.
- Lingual braces allow you to see the progress of the treatment even though it’s not finished, as the improvement in the appearance is more noticeable as it happens
Frequently Asked Questions
How Will Lingual Braces Affect My Speech?
As with traditional braces, every person reacts differently. However, most patients do not experience any speech difficulties. Those patients who do experience minor issues during the first couple of weeks find that this improves with each passing day.
What Do Lingual Braces Look Like?
The bracket bases are contoured to hug the tongue-side surfaces of your teeth for optimal comfort, fit and performance. They have a very low profile so they are less likely to interfere with your speech.
Who Can Wear Them?
Lingual braces are suitable for all age groups, children, adolescents and adults who want to correct their tooth position. In most cases people opt for Lingual braces as they do not want their braces to be visible for professional or aesthetic reasons.
How Do I Take Care Of Lingual Braces?
Lingual braces need to be thoroughly cleaned simply by brushing your teeth regularly to remove excess food build-up on the braces. Sugary foods can cause erosion so it is important to also rinse your mouth with either warm salt water or a mouthwash, especially shortly after your braces are fitted.
Why Choose Oakdale For Your Lingual Braces Treatment
At Oakdale Dental we offer:
- Free initial consultation with a dentist to discuss your brace treatment options
- Free teeth whitening worth £350 when you book your brace treatment
- Free brace retainers worth £350 when you book your brace treatment
- Expert staff who are fully trained in all areas of orthodontics
- Friendly, helpful staff in a family run practice established for over 70 years
- Late night opening on Tuesday until 7.30pm
A Range of Dental Braces with a Unique Approach
A Whole New Experience
We Offer Appointments To Suit You